REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
JOB DESCRIPTOR: K33
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
To provide coordination of library media services; to facilitate the development of a high quality, research-based library media program; to supply support, guidance and assistance to the district library media staff.
Provide leadership and coordination of District Media Services.
Facilitate the implementation of an effective library media program based on the goals and objectives of the District's instructional program.
Coordinate the selection of instructional resource materials for District Media Services.
Develop and administer the budget for District Media Services.
Evaluate classified District Media Staff.
Develop policies and procedures for the library media program.
Act as liaison between district level administrators and library media specialists.
Provide staff development opportunities for library media staff.
Orient new library media personnel to the school library media program.
Act as system administrator for the centralized library media system.
Plan and conduct library media staff meetings.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
Serve on various district, state, and national committees which support the development of an effective library media program.
Visit schools and interact with library media staff, teachers, students and administrators.
--EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB--
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND MENTAL ABILITY:
Possess a broad general knowledge of all subject areas with a specific knowledge of information literacy skills.
- Possess group dynamics and interpersonal skills.
- Possess knowledge of physiological, psychological, emotional, and educational behavioral development of children.
- Possess technological and computer skills.
- Possess problem solving, imagination, patience, reasoning, creativity, judgment, and analytical abilities.
- Possess knowledge of needs and expectations of adult learners.
- Possess classroom developmentally appropriate skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly both written and orally.
- Ability to enunciate clearly and communicate positively throughout the work day.
- Ability to calculate accurately.
- Possess visual acuity, aided or non-aided, to read and interpret accurately written reports of a technical nature.
- Ability to work with various personality types.
- Possess sound emotional judgment.
Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions.
EDUCATION, LICENSE, CERTIFICATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
Proper Certification issued by the State of Wyoming.
Successful teaching and library media experience.
Evidence of continued professional growth.
Valid driver's license.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Trustees may find appropriate and acceptable.
Computer and related equipment
VCR and related equipment
Be able to stand, walk, and sit for long periods without fatigue or discomfort.
Be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry a distance of 100 feet.
- Be able to carry up to 15 pounds for a distance of 1,000 feet.
- Possess visual acuity and stamina to work at a computer monitor for at least part of each workday.
Be able to work indoors most of the time with some exposure to typical Wyoming weather extremes.
Be able to work in areas with fluorescent lighting.
Be able to work in an air-conditioned environment.