REPORTS TO: Building Administrator
JOB DESCRIPTOR: I70
SCHEDULE: R D
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
The Instructional Facilitator will provide the coaching and mentoring necessary for the implementation of professional development and for teachers to improve their instructional practices.
1. Use student work and assessment results as rationales and evidence to assist teachers in making decisions about instructional activities and determine their effectiveness
Research and Development
1. Provide content knowledge and resources about learning and teaching, including:
a. teaching strategies;
b. assessment techniques, interpretation and practices;
c. classroom techniques
2. Participate and/or lead in professional development activities to build capacity and model professional behavior.
3. Keep abreast of current research-based practices.
1. Assist teachers in implementing challenging and rigorous curricula based on the Wyoming Content and Performance Standards and school improvement goals.
2. Assist teachers in the successful use of innovative classroom instructional strategies through modeling and providing feedback.
3. Facilitate the implementation of best practices/research-based practices designed to meet student needs.
4. Maintain a consistent focus on teaching and learning to standards
5. Collect, coordinate and analyze student data related to achievement.
6. Model appropriate instructional techniques.
1. Make ongoing classroom visitations as appropriate and necessary to improve student achievement.
2. Act as liaison between school personnel and other educational professionals/resources.
3. Provide information and guidance regarding a range of effective and innovative instructional strategies through various avenues such as:
a. Coaching sessions
b. Modeling and Demonstration Lessons with pre and post discussion
c. Study groups
d. Staff meetings
e. Professional Development/In-service training programs
h. Classroom observation with feedback and discussion
i. Co-planning with classroom teachers
j. Facilitate collaborative meetings
k. Use data to make instructional decisions
4. Maintain records and reports consistently and in an appropriate manner.
5. Maintain confidentiality
6. Obtain feedback about coaching from colleagues.
7. Collaborate with district level and other building level facilitators.
Limits of Authority:
The Instructional Facilitator will maintain a collegial relationship with teachers for the purpose of improving instruction. The Instructional Facilitator will have no supervisory or evaluative authority.
--EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB--
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND MENTAL ABILITY:
Strong background in instructional strategies, leadership ability, and content related to school improvement plans.
EDUCATION, LICENSE, CERTIFICATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
Possess all certificates required for the State of Wyoming.
Possess at a minimum a Masters Degree or NBCT Certification.
Five years teaching experience.
Complete all required core classes in CCSD.
Laser Player CD Rom
VCR Movie Projector
Slide Projector Reading Machines
Tape Recorder TV
Be able to stand, walk, and sit for long periods without fatigue or discomfort.
Be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Be able to lift above the head at least 50 pounds.
Be able to push up to 200 pounds up to 30 feet.
Be able to pull up to 100 pounds up to 50 feet.
Be able to carry up to 25 pounds up to 100 feet.
Be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, finger, talk, hear, and see.
Be able to spend most of the time inside classrooms with some work outside in cold/hot weather.
Be able to tolerate noise up to 90 decibels.
Be able to work in a building that heats with coal.
Be able to work after dark.