REPORTS TO: Director of Staff Development/Assistant Superintendent for TechnologyDEPARTMENT: Staff Development
JOB DESCRIPTOR: K19SCHEDULE:
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
To assist with coordination, design, delivery and implementation of staff development services for district employees.
1. Train mentors to coach and support teachers new to our district - including on-site visitations.
2. Assist with design, delivery, implementation and follow-up activities which support district initiatives.
3. Provide training for standards-based lessons integrating technology.
4. Provide on-site support for all classroom teachers as they implement strategies designed to help students meet state standards and benchmarks including technology integration.
5. Support all district initiatives through implementation in their own classroom.
6. Attend drop-in meetings at buildings to get feedback on professional development needs.
7. Currently teach at least half-time in the regular classroom.
1. Assist with data collection and accurate record-keeping of building and district staff development participation.
2. Read, analyze and evaluate literature and media on effective educational practices.
3. Continue to train on new software to assist with technology integration.
4. Provide assistance as directed by Director of Staff Development and/or Assistant Superintendent of Technology.
--EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB--
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND MENTAL ABILITY:
Possess ability to work with adult learners.
Solid "people skills".
Calm under pressure
Good communication skills
Decision making skills
Possess or be willing to learn curriculum development skills.
Solid technology skills willingness to participate in additional training as needed.
EDUCATION, LICENSE, CERTIFICATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
Bachelor's Degree (Preferably Master's degree in Curriculum, Education or Technology).
Wyoming teacher certification.
Transparency MakerPoster Maker
Video CameraFax Machine
Laminating MachinePaper Cutter
35mm CameraCopy Machine
EIKI Video Projector3-hole Punch
Polaroid CameraCoffee Maker
Physical strength and coordination to move tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, flipcharts, and chalkboards.
Work in air conditioned building.
May have occasional exposure to weather extremes.