Technology Education Teacher Elementary- H31
Elementary School Technology Specialist
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator
JOB DESCRIPTOR: H31
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
To serve as an instructional coach and teacher in training staff and students in applying technologies which support student learning.
1. Works with the Principal in developing computer lab schedules with students and staff.
2. Assists in the management of network systems within buildings.
3. Assists in troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
4. Demonstrates continual growth in technology knowledge and skills to stay abreast of current and emerging technologies.
5. Initiates collaboration with teachers in designing technology rich instructional lessons.
6. Provides technology-enhanced experiences for students within regularly scheduled classes
that support content and ISTE standards.
7. Coordinates with the Principal and the Building Tech Committee in prioritizing technology needs for the building.
8. Coordinates with the Principal in reviewing and publishing information to the school web site.
9. Ensures proper escalation / notification to district level IT resources for problem resolution.
10. Fosters learning activities that take advantage of district lead technology initiatives.
11. Attends required meetings and training sessions while working closely with the Assistant
Superintendent for Technology Education and other Technology Facilitators in developing technology related activities.
12. Promotes and models acceptable Digital Citizenship for students and staff.
13. Provides regularly scheduled instruction for K-6 students.
Assists teachers in the administration of online assessments.
Coordinates with classroom teaching in mastering keyboarding objectives.
Assists with Powergrade-Powerschool as needed.
Assists in taking inventory of equipment.
--EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB--
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND MENTAL ABILITY:
Possess knowledge of all forms of instructional and educational technology.
Possess knowledge of methods of integrating technology into the education process.
Possess knowledge of computer applications.
Possess skills in group presentation with students and adults.
Possess or be willing to learn curriculum development skills.
Possess ability to speak clearly and communicate positively.
Possess ability to write clearly and concisely.
Possess ability to think critically and creatively.
Possess group dynamics and interpersonal skills.
Possess knowledge of physiological, psychological, emotional, and educational behavioral development of children.
Possess classroom developmentally appropriate management skills which include discipline as well as record keeping and assessment abilities.
Possess problem solving, imagination, patience, reasoning, creativity, judgment, and analytical abilities.
Possess ability to work with people of various personality types.
Possess ability to prioritize.
Possess sound emotional judgment.
Possess openness to new ideas and willingness to learn about all forms of instructional and educational technology.
EDUCATION, LICENSE, CERTIFICATION OR FORMAL TRAINING