Technology Education Teacher Secondary - H31
Secondary School Technology Specialist
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator
JOB DESCRIPTOR: H31
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
Serves as an instructional coach in training staff and provides technology support and troubleshooting for the school.
1. Works with department heads in developing computer lab schedules for students and staff.
2. Performs maintenance and support of assigned servers and resources.
3. Assists in troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
4. Assists in the management of network systems within buildings.
5. Sets up new workstations, printers, and other new hardware within the building.
6. Coordinates with the Principal and the Building Tech Committee in prioritizing technology needs for the building.
7. Coordinates with the Principal in reviewing and publishing information to the school web site.
8. Demonstrates continual growth in technology knowledge and skills to stay abreast of current and emerging technologies.
9. Initiates collaboration with teachers in designing technology rich instructional lessons.
10. Fosters learning activities that take advantage of district lead technology initiatives.
11. Ensures proper escalation / notification to district level IT resources for problem resolution.
12. Attends required meetings and training sessions while working closely with the Assistant
Superintendent for Technology Education and other Technology Facilitators in developing technology related activities.
13. Promotes and models acceptable Digital Citizenship for students and staff.
Assists teachers in the administration of online assessments.
Assists with Powergrade-Powerschool as needed.
Assists in taking inventory of equipment
--EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB--
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND MENTAL ABILITY:
Possess knowledge of all forms of instructional and educational technology.
Possess knowledge of methods of integrating technology into the education process.
Possess knowledge of computer applications.
Possess skills in group presentation with students and adults.
Possess or be willing to learn curriculum development skills.
Possess ability to speak clearly and communicate positively.
Possess ability to write clearly and concisely.
Possess ability to think critically and creatively.
Possess group dynamics and interpersonal skills.
Possess knowledge of physiological, psychological, emotional, and educational behavioral development of children..
Possess problem solving, imagination, patience, reasoning, creativity, judgment, and analytical abilities.
Possess ability to work with people of various personality types.
Possess ability to prioritize.
Possess sound emotional judgment.
Possess openness to new ideas and willingness to learn about all forms of instructional and educational technology.
EDUCATION, LICENSE, CERTIFICATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
Teacher Certification through Professional Teaching Standards Board required.
Secondary Education Degree preferred.
Minimum three years’ experience working with computers.
Minimum of 10 hours in technology training.