The Campbell County School District (CCSD) Board of Trustees may grant payment of isolation for transportation of isolated students to attend school. The following administrative guidelines are to be used during and only for the academic school year.
1. Students must attend school in their designated attendance areas and will receive isolation calculated from their residence to the nearest school or bus route.
2. If good and just reasons exist, the Superintendent or designee may authorize a student to attend school in an attendance area other than the designated one. Seventh and eighth grade students may attend either the designated rural school or the town junior high school. In either case, isolation will be paid only to the nearest school or bus route.
3. Isolation will be paid per trip, not per child, for families transporting more than one child.
4. Isolation for mileage will be paid only for the number of miles traveled for the sole purpose of transporting students to and from school. Payments to parents or guardians for transporting students to and from school shall be computed excluding the first two (2) miles. Parents who transport students on their way to or from work will not be eligible for isolation.
5. Isolation claims found to be in violation of the above guidelines may result in loss of all payments for the remainder of that school year and/or the restitution of any overpaid funds.
6. All isolation requests must be properly completed and approved by the Board of Trustees. Mileage listed on the application will be verified by CCSD personnel. In the event this cannot be done before the Board of Trustees approves the application, reimbursement will be given on estimated mileage. Any corrections in reimbursement will be made after mileage verification.
7. Calendars must be received in the Finance Department no later than the third Wednesday in June in order for payment to be made during the current fiscal year.
8. Students participating in activities who qualify for free/reduced meals and meet the isolation guidelines may be eligible for mileage reimbursement. Additional information and required forms are available through activity offices.
Approval of all applications for payment of transportation of isolated pupils in the district must be recorded in the minutes of the Board of Trustees.
Pupils transported by regularly established bus routes are not eligible for isolation unless private transportation is necessary to take them to meet a bus.
The mileage rate is determined in W.S. 9-3-103(a)(iii). Reimbursement is based on the total miles traveled monthly by the vehicle, not on the basis of the number of pupils transported.
ADOPTION DATE: August 14, 1984; Revised September 8, 1987; July 12, 1988; June 4, 1991; November 2, 1992; Reviewed and Renumbered August 28, 1995 (formerly 3541-R), Editorial Revision February 28, 2000; Revised June 14, 2005; Minor revision October 14, 2014; Revised June 11, 2019
LEGAL REFERENCE(S): W.S. 21-4-401 and 21-4-504; W.S. 9-3-103(a)(iii); W.S. 21-4-502
CROSS REFERENCE(S): 3540, 3550